Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My brain hurts

A good friend of mine has been backpacking & working in several countries in South America for the last few months and he dropped off here in Toronto for a few days. He's making a kind of stop-off before heading up north for some field work (his father's a geophysicist, so basically lots of digging and trekking with heavy equipment). Needless to say I've been absolutely sauced these last few days.

So we hit up a bar last night, and without going into too much detail, we got really reckless, trashed some stuff, and had to run from the friendly neighbourhood boys in blue. Just like old days, such degenerates. I got away, but my traveling buddy and another friend got caught and ticketed for a combined $500. I can't even imagine how much I'd be steaming if I'd gotten one. So anyways if you see me swollen-lipped and limping you know what happened. Can't exactly remember how I got the swollen lip. Sigh.

On to poker, the reason I haven't updated (as most of you cardschatters know from my whining), I've been on a 20k hand downswing and it really took it's toll on me. I couldn't bring myself to make an entry so I apologize for the lack of updates lately. The swing has hit me so hard for so long that I should actually be playing 50nl considering the size of my bankroll (~$1950 online). I can't say I've dropped down fully yet - still playing 50nl/100nl half and half - but I may have to soon. If it weren't for a ~$175 day on Sunday I'd probably have withdrawn my whole bankroll out of life-tilt. Anyways things have settled down, I've cleared my head of the raging monkey tilt that's been plaguing me, watched and studied a few more stoxpoker videos (Hunter's 4-betting video is AWESOME) and all I need to see now is a solid winning streak.

Unfortunately I probably won't play much today as I'm going to help me mum move some more stuff from her old store to her new one, but I'll see if I can find time later on. I'll be busy in the next while too...sigh, so hectic. Such is life.

March results so far. Nasty stuff. This month has so far been easily the worst ever for me, including my worst ever day, -$650. I'm trying to maintain a positive outlook though, and I definitely see this as a learning experience. I know I'll run into worse swings in the future, so I have to plan for it. I'll need a job for real life funds (new apartment, rent etc), but until I build a ~$5k bankroll or so, I won't be living off of poker for a while now. Until my BR reaches that point, I think I should look at poker as a side endeavor.



Spring still isn't here, but it'll come soon. It's a little early for spring music but I'm more than excited about it and, well I love the Zombies.

No comments: