Sunday, December 16, 2007

CCCOP Main Event and more 50nl

Well the Cardschat Championship of Poker came to an end tonight with the $30 deepstack main event. 5000 starting chips, 20 min blinds and $100 added to the already massive prize pool. I had a blast playing, initially being dealt a terrible table draw with rex and klitkat (bubbasbestbabe on cardschat, a VERY aggressive player). I managed to maintain my stack size through some swings, then eventually got moved to a slightly more favourable table with position on rex.

Again I threw some chips around, stole some blinds, but my stack was still dwindling. I ended up restealing with A8 vs rex's SB steal, only to have him snapcall me with AQs. Lucky for me, I got real kinky earlier today and shoved a horseshoe up my ass. I spiked an 8, doubled up, and crippled rex - pretty much the ideal result :)

After winning that pot I went on to try to bully the table a little more, and added a good chunk to my stack before this crippling blow:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (8 handed)

SB (t9140)
BB (t9063)
Hero (t10877)
UTG+1 (t11845)
MP1 (t4095)
MP2 (t2661)
CO (t8755)
Button (t19707)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ac, As.
UTGA raises to t1100, 5 folds, SB calls t900, 1 fold.

Flop: (t2175) 6c, 5s, Qd (2 players)
SB checks, UTGA bets t2100, SB raises to t4200, UTGA raises to t9752, SB calls t3815 (All-In).

Turn: (t19942) 9c (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t19942) Tc (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: t18205


Results:
SB has Qc Qh (three of a kind, queens).
Hero has Ac As (one pair, aces).
Outcome: SB wins t18205. Hero wins t1737.

As much as I would have liked to double up there for a good shot at the ~$380 first prize (6 get paid, ~15 left at this point in the tourney), I'm really not disappointed at all. I played well, got tricky in some spots, but in general played solid and eventually got unlucky. I of course did get extremely lucky myself vs rex, but I still stand by my play there. In the end, I was put in by rex from the SB again, and I called with K2 getting odds for pretty much any two cards. He showed K9, I don't improve, bye-bye CCCOP :/

After the tourney while chatting with Rex and Tenbob on msn, I fired up some ring tables and witnessed the beauty that is the sunday feeding frenzy. For whatever reason, Pokerstars' sunday million tourney seems to put people in uber-donkey mode, and it's obviously quite a profitable time to play the rings (thanks for the tip TB :)

On a side note, a cardschat member and I have discussed coaching him and this will go down in the next while depending on when he's available. If it's successful and he feels I can actually help, then I may just start a little side business coaching micro limit players. I may be getting a little ahead of myself here, but I think I could definitely help losing/break-even players at 25nl or under.

Anyways, graph at the right is updated (and looking a hell of a lot prettier), and I'll keep you guys updated daily on my progress.

No comments: