Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ups and downs

Well I'm really grinding out the 25nl tables and now deal with 8 tables at a time which seems high but I'm handling it fine.

A couple days ago I tried 8 tables for the first time and found that I maintained focus just fine, but I soon ran into a couple terrible coolers (see KK vs AA), beats (see AA vs TP vs FD) and unlucky hands (see combo draws missing for stacks) that got me down like 5 buyins. The ensuing tilt stuck me for a couple more and it wasn't too fun. I ended up getting so pissed at myself for not being able to beat fucking 25nl that I forced myself to play a solid game. I ended up winning back enough to only be down $80 instead of $170, but it still hurt. The next day (yesterday) I grinded it out again and had a nice $40 day through only a few hundred hands which brought me back up even more. I recorded that ~hour session so I'll post that soon too.

I'm still not progressing at all in getting a job/new apartment so stay tuned for some updates there (hopefully). Getting sick of this slobby lifestyle.

Gonna grind out the rings again today and maybe play the $3+R if I'm up to it. Wish me luck!

p.s. I've updated the hand histories thread after completely forgetting about it for the entire month of November so go check that out if you haven't participated in cardschat's HA forums lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang in there, chuck. best of luck.