Friday, November 30, 2007

Leafs won!!!...?

I'm actually genuinely surprised we won last night. I was a little (ok exceedingly) drunk though so I don't remember all of it. I ended up spending $40 on half of what I drank last night, my old man buying the other half. Saw my good buddy who I haven't seen in ages and had a fun night all in all.

There's video of the highlights here if you're interested: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/index.html

I mentioned before I got my stoxpoker subscription all sorted out and have already ripped through like 3 videos. So far they're great. I also got a free copy of SnG Wizard which is an EV-calculating tool that incorporates ICM; I'll be using that from now on in close bubble situations and it should really help as well. The forums aren't quite as active as I'd hoped, but I'll definitely be posting there as well as on CC from now on. 2+2 just pisses me off with all their snide comments cluttering everything up. I'm just about done with them.

I'm also happy to see that I'm not the only one at cardschat who's unsatisfied with the state of things there. This thread was recently started up and has gotten a lot of replies and views and whatnot. Glad to see that other members have the same motivation to make the site better like I do.

Anyways, I was 100FPPs short of making silver today, and after half joking that I'm too lazy to finish them up today (last of the month!), I've been scrambling a bit to rake those last few FPPs in. Silver will allow me to make FPPs %50 faster and also enables me to join the weekly and monthly freerolls so that'll be nice.

Fellow poker degenerate Vanquish set me straight and said I should just play an hour of 1/2. I was going to take my first shot at 1/2 soon anyways, so I thought what better time than now. Early in my first session I managed to suck out big time on one hand where I was trying to make a hopeless bluff with ace-high, and managed to spike an ace to rake the pot in. Aside from that I actually played very well by my standards and am enjoying the raise in stakes - it's giving me a little bit of the nervous butterflies for the first time in a while but that's kind of a good thing. I'm giving more consideration to every decision I make and that can only be a good thing.

Anyways, I'll leave you with a song that just popped up in my iTunes playlist and is so kick-ass that I can't not share it with you:

No comments: