Tuesday, November 6, 2007

STOP AND THINK

Really not very happy with myself right now. I've been playing a lot of 25nl 6-max. The only problem is that I suck.

Well, not really. I actually am playing very well, but have had several beats, several coolers and several situations where I was truely clueless about what to do. My old habit of making terrible calls has come back to haunt me, but I'm working on that. Though, through all the beats and all my bad calls, I've still managed to break even since my first disastrous session. I'm very confident that I can crush these limits in the long run, but only if I can overcome my uncontrollable urge to make fishy calls.

For what it's worth, I'm having the most fun playing poker I've had in a while, and feel like I'm really playing again rather than taking the role of a pushbot in all those damn turbos.

At the moment, I'm four-tabling the 6-max tables, and am actually having no trouble dealing with it. I know I mentioned it in a previous post, but I'm really happy about how easily I'm handling four tables because I have a feeling I can possibly move up to around 8 profitably which will skyrocket my winrate.

First thing's first, though. Gotta stop making donkey calls. STOP AND THINK dammit. $20 to be taped to my monitor as soon as I'm done with this.

For your entertainment, here's my hideous, hideous graph of my 25nl winnings so far. Enjoy!

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net

No comments: