Saturday, April 12, 2008

Running like a Kenyan

Who needs an extra monitor

...well I don't need one, but I'd still really like those goddamn gift cards to get here soon. I guess I got so used to pokerstars' exceptional service that I forgot that the "4-6 weeks" of delivery time is stated for a reason. I might actually have to wait a bit for them. I don't think it matters how long they take though - I'm running good at the moment and I couldn't be happier. Since that 'fuckit' moment last week, around when I started seriously 12-tabling, I've been running very well and I couldn't be happier.



In other news, I'm obviously very bored and have too much time on my hands. Don't ask me what MJ's doing there, I just thought I should include him.

omgomgomgomg hud

Well this is something us poker nerds have been looking forward to for a while. Pokertracker has been developing version 3 of their software for quite a while now, and the integration of the heads-up display (hud) is something that's been pushed back several times. They finally released a new beta which includes the first version of the hud, and man is it nice. Very customizable, very fast, very sleek. There are still plenty of things left to be desired - after all this is only a beta - but it's got us poker degens drooling with anticipation for the full version.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but originally PT3 was scheduled to be released early this year which of course was a flop. The website now says:
PokerTracker 3 is tentatively scheduled for release by the end of April 2008.
Which of course could be completely inaccurate as well. It's all good though because they're putting a lot of work into making the program the best they can, and I really can't wait until the final version. I've been contemplating using the beta instead of my current version of PT, but it's just too risky. I can't take the gamble when I'm 12-tabling and see my hud crash in the middle of like 5 key hands. Just gonna wait for the final version (PLEEEAASEEEE before May?).

Hot date!

The landlord for the new flat contacted my dad to let him know it'll be available June 1st and that she'd need the first and last rent in chunks. I had to cough up $300 of my half of the rent today and it's starting to hit me with how much I'll need to be making.

When you physically see the money exchange hands like this and watch your stack at home dwindle down you finally start to put everything into perspective and realize just how much you'll need for living expenses and rent. I'm not really worried, but the first few months will be a squeeze. I'll be working like a dog with both poker and landscaping. I don't mind though, I've been idle for too long :)

NHL playoffs

Admittedly I really didn't watch that much during the regular season this year - maybe 10 leafs games - but the playoffs are just completely different and I'm just magnetized to the sports channels watching the games and the replays of games I've missed.

The western conference is absolutely stacked this year and I really couldn't say who I think is coming out on top. I'm going to guess Detroit simply because they've been a powerhouse for the past decade or so and I don't see them slowing down any time soon. Though I would like to see Tootoo continue his trainwrecking ways...

The east is a different story. Barring some crazy luck-filled turnaround, I doubt whatever team comes out on top in the west will lose to the conference champions in the east. They simply won't be able to compete. To my great delight, Ottawa is getting creamed by Gary Roberts and the Penguins. When it comes down to it, you want a fellow Canadian team to win it, but that's NEVER the case as a Leafs fan with the Senators. I don't think I've ever rooted for them in any way shape or form. Biggest rivalry in the NHL :)

Unfortunately I didn't remember to join in any playoff pools, even the free ones, so I'm missing out on that fun. For shits n giggles I'll take a stab and say it'll be Detroit vs Canadiens in the final, and Detroit wins. Any takers, gentleman's bet?



(umm...skip the first two minutes of gheyness, there's some good Senator-whooping in there somewhere)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's what those graphs need to attract my attention...Superman and Michael Jackson. Hellsyeah.

tenbob said...

Great graph Chuck got a nice chuckly from it. Nice to see that things are going well. I seen you on one of my tables last night on Stars, didnt want to alert the reg's that I know you, so I'll say hi here.

"Hi, Chuck"

-- :)